Ads Top

Tolu Ogunlesi denies writing for Economics and referring to the former president Goodluck Jonathan, an ineffectual buffoon


Sequel to today, there has been allegations
pointing out that journalist and creative writer,
Tolu Ogunlesi allegedly co-authored an article,
by The Economist, which labeled Nigeria’s
former president, Goodluck Jonathan, an
ineffectual buffoon.
The article also described
President Buhari’s approach to dealing with
Nigeria’s economic challenges as “crude.”
The article which attracted the condemnation
from many Nigerians, saw The Economist
trending for hours in the Nigerian social media
space.
Tolu minutes ago has taken to his twitter to
deny all allegations, he said “I'm surprised and
amused by the allegations that I wrote or
contributed to the Economist 'ineffectual
buffoon' piece. I did not. While flattered to be
associated with the Economist, whose literary
style I immensely admire, I cannot claim ANY
credit for that piece. I am not and have never
been one to be anonymous when making
journalistic comments about people. I do not
hide behind anonymity . I will be sending a
letter to the online publication that fabricated
the allegation, asking for a retraction and a
public apology. Moral of the Story: beware of
rumours that cause those who fall for them to
tweet like ineffectual buffoons.”

See his tweets below





No comments:

Please Drop Your Comments, it would take just few seconds

Want to be notified when I reply your comment? Tick the "Notify Me" box.

Powered by Blogger.