Ads Top

Djilobodji apologises for throat-slit gesture


Werder Bremen defender Papy Djilobodji has apologised for the throat-slitting gesture that landed him a two-match ban.


Djilobodji, who is on loan at the Bundesliga club from Chelsea, aimed the signal towards Mainz player Pablo de Blasis during Saturday's 1-1 draw.

The 27-year-old was also handed a €15,000 fine and will miss the forthcoming matches against Borussia Dortmund and Augsburg as Bremen battle relegation.

"I apologize for my gesture, that should not happen on or next to a football field," Djilobodji said in a post on his Twitter page.

"I would like to sincerely apologize to Pablo de Blasis just like all football fans around the world. I'll come back stronger. "

I want to sincerely apologize to Pablo de Blasis as well as to all the football fans around the world. I will come back stronger. (2/2)
— Papy Djilobodji (@papydjilo15) March 24, 2016

No comments:

Please Drop Your Comments, it would take just few seconds

Want to be notified when I reply your comment? Tick the "Notify Me" box.

Powered by Blogger.